Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Worn out tires-

It occurred to me this morning as I woke after a restless night of sleep:
that I do not know one thing about car tires.

After some research, because I have a flat tire, I discovered that there are many different kinds of tires out there.

First I googled where to buy tires in the town I live in. Next I called them up after going out in the cold to read about what kinds of tires I currently have on my car. I didn't know you could have different tires on he front and the back, so instead of replacing all 4 tires, at times you can move the back tires to the front, and just replace the backs... Sounds fair enough right?


I was told that tires can look old, and that it really doesn't matter what they look like. The threading is what matters, and supposedly mine are pretty warn :). I'm a girl though, I don't really know these things. I guess I really can't use my gender as an excuse, because some girls are educated in this department, but in this case I'm surely not! Ha.

Here is a website that can help on learning about Tire safety:
http://www.rma.org/tire_safety/tire_maintenance_and_safety/how_to_take_care_of_your_tires/

Remember to shop around for tires, check online prices, and compare prices for all 4 tires, or just getting 2 tires, and moving the back ones to the front if possible.

Be sure to check your tires before the rainy season friends :)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment