Sunday, November 8, 2009

Surprising Allergies!

Allergies always seem to get the best of me, and without having insurance with a doctor right down the street, I had to do the next best thing... *Research online* & *Back tracking recent eventful days*

So I've been backtracking a few days for some time now, and have come to the conclusion that it must have been the facial I had last week that made my face break out in hives all over. Why? I'm allergic to metal, and the Aesthetician used a metal extractor on my skin... Talk about uncomfortable.

Tracked: What I ate, what I wore, and what I did...

Working out the night of, and then taking a hot shower only made it worse. I thought I was 'just breaking out' how I normally do after a facial... But not this time, and is finally starting to go down with some Benadryl (Diphendramine HCI) aka: antihistamine.


ZZzzZZSleepyZZzzZZ
side effects, and some cortisone cream later the swelling has gone down
immensely!

below: is some helpful information to help you target your allergy problem that you cant seem to get a finger on...

"

Summary from http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/metal-allergies.html

Metal allergies are among the chief sources of allergic contact dermatitis. Nickel, cobalt and chromate are among the metals most likely to trigger reactions. Symptoms include a skin rash that can develop into blisters and damaged skin.

People are most often sensitized to metal from wearing costume jewelry, which frequently contains nickel. This problem has gotten worse as body piercing has grown more popular. Other sources of metal allergy include everything from soil and seawater to cement and shoe leather.

A metal allergy can be diagnosed by having a physician conduct a skin patch test, which introduces various allergens to a patient’s skin to see if a reaction occurs. Once an allergy has been diagnosed, patients should try to minimize exposure to the metal triggering their symptoms.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment